The term ‘website’ refers to the entire content accessed from http://www.peterbance.co.uk/. The terms ‘I’ and ‘me’ refer to Rhye Internet Solutions Limited, a company I co-own with my wife. The terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to the user or viewer of the website.
Your use of this website is subject to the all the terms stated on this webpage. The sole function of the headings and document formatting on this page is to make the terms and conditions easier to read.
General Terms and Conditions
- The content of the website is for your general information and use only, and it is subject to change without notice.
- Neither I nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and I expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which I shall not be liable. It shall be your sole responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to me, including, but not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the Copyright Notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Product, service and company names mentioned on my website may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience so that you can access further information if you wish. The existence of a given link does not signify that I endorse the corresponding website in any way. I have no responsibility for the content of any linked website(s) I do not own.
- Regardless of your geographical location, these terms and your access to and use of this website will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- If any part of these terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition herein or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
- My liability to you will not exceed the amount of any payment you have made to me, and no other form of compensation or remedial action will be available to you.
- Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Copyright Notice: Copyright © Rhye Internet Solutions Limited 2011 and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
Except where stated, any content that is made available on my website is my copyrighted work. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download extracts to a local hard disk for your personal and non-commercial use only; and
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with my express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Changes to these Terms
These terms constitute the entire agreement between me and you concerning the website, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by me, or by my posting of a revised version on the website. I reserve the right, at my sole discretion, to add to, modify or replace any of these terms. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes to this page constitutes acceptance of those changes. I may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including the release of new resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these terms and conditions.
If you wish to terminate our agreement or your registered account, simply discontinue using the website. I reserve the right to delete your account, for example if it appears you are no longer using it or if you breach these terms. In the event our agreement is terminated, all provisions of this agreement which by their nature should survive this termination shall survive termination.
Comment Submission Guidelines
This site allows you to submit comments, which appear at the end of individual blog articles. Regardless of whether or not I moderate such comments, the following rules apply to your submission:
- Privacy and Security – You are responsible for maintaining the security of your website account and any comments you post, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account.
- Misrepresentation – You are not permitted to register an account or post comments that may appear to have originated from another person or organisation you are not legally authorised to represent.
- Be Nice – Respect others’ opinions, knowledge and experience, even where it may differ from yours, in order to maintain supportive and friendly discussion on relevant topics. Please keep in mind that comments may be submitted by contributors from all over the world, who reflect many different backgrounds and cultures. Offensive and/or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. You are entirely responsible for the content of your comment and any harm resulting from it.
- Stay on Topic – The discussion of Information Assurance legitimately ranges far and wide; however, comments should not wander completely off the topic and away from the purpose of the original post. Should you wish to continue an off-topic discussion with me, please feel free to contact me directly.
- Respect Copyright - Copyright protection is a complex topic and you should understand that you alone are responsible for ensuring you do not violate the rights of others. In general, you should assume that you need to obtain the explicit permission of authors or other copyright holders to reproduce any non-original material in a comment on this site. Additional permissions may also be needed from websites that provide access to materials, even if the materials are not copyrighted or you have obtained the permission of copyright holders for other purposes. Similarly, you should assume that you need to obtain the explicit permission of other contributors to reproduce any material they have posted to this site.
- Intellectual Property and Non-Disclosure Agreements - Employees and suppliers are often aware of information that is not in the public domain. Please take care not to break any agreements you may have made in this regard, as you will be solely liable for settling any dispute or legal action arising from it.
- Do not advertise – Advertisements, spam or any other kind of marketing information will be deleted from your comment.
- Nonsense? – Please double-check your comment before posting it to the website – if your comment does not seem to move the discussion forward, it will be deleted. There are exceptions to this rule, for example using a single comment to thank someone who has helped you directly is perfectly reasonable.
- Removing Comments – If you post a comment that appears on the website and later wish for it to be removed, please note that I may, at my sole discretion, delete it from the current website, however copies of it may appear elsewhere on the Internet and you will be solely responsible for dealing with the owners of those websites on the matter. Furthermore, if you decide to close your website account, please note that your comments will not be deleted from the website, as this would potentially disrupt a reader’s understanding of the discussion.
- Indemnity -I will not be liable for your acts and omissions, including any damages of any kind as a result of those acts or omissions. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless me and my company from and against any and all claims and expenses arising out of your use of the website, including but not limited to your violation of these terms.
- Discontinuing Discussion – Although rare, I occasionally find people discussing Information Security information that should not be mentioned in an open forum. If I post a comment or ask via some other means for you to discontinue discussing a topic, you must comply immediately.
Please note that any comment you submit will remain your copyrighted work, however you grant me a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish each comment you have submitted. One example for editing your comment might be if it contains useful discussion yet contravenes one or more of the above rules.