Peter Bance is available for speaking engagements with all types of organisation, including trade shows. Peter is widely known in the Information Security community and runs email-based forums for government security specialists (CLAS consultants) as well as being a prolific writer of articles and ‘how to…’ guides. Through his talks, Peter gives his expert advice and opinion on all kinds of IT security topics (AKA Information Security, InfoSec, Information Assurance, etc.), including the emerging issue of Cyber Security.
Quick-thinking and confident in person, Peter has a clear speaking voice without regional accent and, if necessary, he is able to project a good distance without electronic amplification. Peter’s talks are engaging and compelling, and his vast experience and knowledge allow him to move off into different aspects of Information Assurance ‘on the fly’ if the audience so wishes. As such, Peter is very comfortable with taking questions.
Contact Peter for:
- Technical comment on past and current security issues
- Insight into how UK Government security works
- Security Assurance anecdotes tailored to be relevant to your audience
- Common-sense analysis of Information Security news stories and media/public reaction
If you are interested in Peter purely as an education provider, please see our separate page.
Tell us what you need – Peter can talk to other technical specialists, or provide an easily-digested, down-to-earth presentation devoid of techno-babble for the layperson. Or anything in between. Just let us know who your audience is.
Peter Bance has been working on the Internet since the commercial bans were lifted in the 1990s and has over a decade of experience specifically in Information Security. Peter has worked within the military, banking industry, corporates, UK Government, and he has even advised a small country how to join NATO!
Remember, the key to good security is not to advertise problems while you are fixing them! If you have just heard about a new issue, chances are that Peter has known about it for some time!
- First Class BSc (Hons) Computer Science, University of Portsmouth, 1995
- CESG-Listed Adviser Scheme (CLAS) Consultant, since 2001
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Fellow of The British Computer Society (FBCS)
- Full member of the Institute of Information Security Professionals (M.Inst.ISP)
We need at least one month’s notice for Peter to appear at your event.
Please contact us for rates and scheduling, giving as much detail as possible about your requirements.