“Peter is one of the most technically knowledgeable people in his subject matter and has, on every occasion I have asked, provided a cost-effective and risk-balanced solution to the problem raised. He provides a depth of knowledge and experience that allows clients to make a sensible risk decision. He has the ability to rationally discuss the whole subject, from detailed technical security implementation matters to the intricacies of pragmatic policy implementation.”
Technical Security Expertise and Experience
Having worked in the IT industry for over 15 years, in roles including programmer, system administrator, webmaster and others, I have an in-depth knowledge of a broad variety of technologies.
Some examples are given below; if you’re looking for security advice relating to a technology I haven’t listed here, do please contact me and ask.
- Networking Protocols and Architectures (e.g. TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VoIP, etc.)
- Wired telecommunications and networking protocols and architectures (e.g. PSTN, Ethernet, MPLS, etc.)
- Wireless telecommunications and networking (e.g. 802.11, Bluetooth, GSM, GPRS, 3G, etc.)
- Internet protocols and file formats (e.g. HTTP, TLS, SSL, HTML, XML, etc.)
- Encryption techniques, algorithms and approaches (e.g. PGP, S/MIME, X.509, synchronous/asynchronous, etc.)
- Enterprise architecture (e.g. Active Directory, etc.)
- Operating Systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Unix, Apple, etc.)
- Database technologies (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Identification and Authentication technologies, including biometrics
- Various high- and low-level programming languages
- Virtualisation technology and architectures
- Cloud technology, approaches and architectures
- Mass storage technologies (e.g. SAN, NAS, etc.)
Do note that this list is by no means exhaustive – if it’s technical, I can probably advise! Contact me to discuss any other technical security-related technical topics.